Sweet and Sour Prawns
8 Ounces Prawns (peeled and cooked)
1 Tablespoon Medium-Dry Sherry
Salt and Fresh Cracked Black Pepper (to taste)
2 Tablespoons Oil
2 Onions (sliced in rings)
2 Green Peppers (seeded and sliced in rings)
4 Fluid Ounces Chicken or Vegetable Stock
1 Can Pineapple Cubes
1 Tablespoons Corn flour
2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
4 Fluid Ounces White Wine Vinegar
1/3 Cup Sugar
Whole Prawns (cooked to garnish)
If you love SEAFOOD RECIPES visit our Amazon Kindle Cookbook Store for more GREAT RECIPES
1. In a large shallow dish spread out the prawns.
2. Sprinkle with the salt, pepper and sherry.
3. Cover and set aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
4. Towards the end of the marinating time, heat the oil in a frying pan or wok.
5. Add the peppers and onions and fry gently for 5-7 minutes.
6. Add the stock and the pineapple cubes.
7. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes.
8. Blend the corn flour, soy sauce, vinegar and sugar in a small bowl.
9. Stir the mixture to a bowl in a wok or pan stirring often.
10. Let it simmer for approximately for 2 minutes until thickened.
11. Lower the heat, add the prawns with the marinating liquid and heat for 1 minute.
12. Serve hot on a bed of rice, if liked.
13. Garnish with the whole cooked prawns, in their shells.
Be sure to sign-up in the box to the right to get SPECIAL RECIPE DISHES