1 loaf crusty baguette
8 medium tomatoes, diced
½ red onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
¼ cup of fresh basil, chiffonade (To cut the basil in a chiffonade, simply take a few leaves of basil and roll them into a cigar shape and then just slice into thin ribbons.)
½ cup balsamic vinegar
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Honey to taste
1. Slice the baguette into inch thick slices. Slice on the bias.
2. Mix the tomatoes, onion, garlic, and basil together in a bowl.
3. Add the balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil.
4. Taste and add salt and pepper.
5. Add honey to taste.
6. Cover and let rest in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
7. Before serving toast the bread slices, serve the chilled topping on the warm bread.
See other TASTY BRUSCHETTA RECIPES at our Amazon Kindle Cookbook Store