Alaskan Crab Cakes
2 cups Alaska Dungeness Crabmeat
1 cup soft Bread Crumbs
1/4 cup minced Green Onion
1/4 cup Celery
3 tablespoons Mayonnaise
1 Egg, beaten
1 dash bottled Hot Pepper Sauce
1 dash Salt
1 dash Pepper
3 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
1. Combine crabmeat, bread crumbs, green onion, celery, mayonnaise,
egg, hot pepper sauce, salt, pepper.
2. Chill at least two hours, if not overnight so flavors infuse with
3. Shape mixture into 4 evenly sized crab cakes, each about 3/4 inch
4. Dust with the crab cakes with flour.
5. In skillet, heat oil. Place crab cakes into pan gently. Saute crab
cakes about 5 minutes per side, until golden brown.
Variations and Recipe Ideas:
For hot crab sandwiches, serve on toasted English muffins. Delicious
served with chili sauce.
Crab cakes need several hours in the refrigerator for the flavors to combine and the breadcrumbs to absorb excess water.
For firmer cakes, press crabmeat to remove excess water, and use a drier breadcrumbs to absorb moisture.
Wonderful pan fried crab cakes made from Alaskan crab seasoned and combined with fresh garden vegetables.
Serve plain or with your favorite remoulade, dill or tartar sauce.
If you love CRAB, or OTHER SEAFOOD, visit our Amazon Kindle Cookbook Store for additional recipes.